Whilst achieving a BSc in Zoology at the University of Liverpool, John Lloyd also studied parasitology and vector control at the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine before gaining 20 years experience in pest management in the food industry and also in a wide variety of other market sectors. John has now established IPMIC Ltd but was previously working with Acheta Consulting Ltd as a technical consultant and company entomologist and was involved in site inspections, pest management quality audits and advising on both vertebrate and invertebrate pest problems both in the UK and worldwide. Previous company experience included work with Precision Pest Control Ltd and Cannon Pest Control (where John was employed as National Technical Manager).
Experience in UK & Abroad
An active entomologist for over 40 years, entomological projects have included working with and trapping insects in the UK, Europe, Asia, Australia, Africa (Cameroon & Tanzania), and the Middle East. This experience and exposure to a high diversity of insects such as flies (including mosquitoes), moths, beetles, cockroaches (both urban and wild species), complement the technical demands of the pest control sector – especially for stored product insects, mosquito management and other flying insect issues.
Recent Areas Of Work
- Zoology BSc Hons
- Certified Field Biologist – Accreditation from the British Pest Control Association (BPCA)
- CIEH Advanced Food Hygiene Certificated (Level 4)
- Holder of the Safety Passport Alliance Food & Safety Passport
- Member of PROMPT – The industry accredited Continuing Development Scheme
- Royal Society for Public Health LEVEL 3 Mosquito control & Management (Distinction)
- Fellow of the Royal Entomological Society (F.R.E.S.)
Pest Control Experience includes
- Factory audits for compliance with food regulatory standards and codes of practice set by certification and accreditation bodies. Audits include a quality review of the performance of the pest control contractor and the standard of pest management.
- UK, Europe, South Africa & South America, Thailand & China.
- Factory audits for rodent problems in UK and abroad.
- Factory audits for the presence of or prevention against stored product insects and insects prejudicial to public health UK and abroad.
- Insect and foreign body analysis, plus technical reports providing advice guidance for control and prevention.
Insect pest management includes
Beetles Factory site assessments for risks presented by stored product beetles including Stegobium paniceum (biscuit beetles), Lasioderma serricorne (drug store beetle), Tribolium sp. (flour beetles), Dermestidae beetles including Trogoderma beetles in the UK, Europe and South America. Psocids Flour mills, dry powdered food factories and food packaging companies. UK and Europe.
Fly control projects:
Monitoring and treatment of sciaridae (fungus gnat problems)
Mosquito control projects:
Management and implementation of mosquito control programmes UK – Culex pipiens molestus Monitoring and management of activity. Thailand- Fogging treatments against Culex & Aedes mosquitoes on commercial sites. Tanzania – advice on mosquito breeding site reduction.